Philosophy Made Practical
For the balance, stillness, growth, resilience, wisdom, peace, happiness, knowledge, answers… you seek
The School of Philosophy, St Albans is here for you.
We're a school of practical philosophy and mantra-based meditation with hundreds of satisfied former and current students.
We provide the guidance you need to kick-start your journey of self-discovery and fire up the astonishing potential inside everyone.
Route One: Ten Tuesdays that could change your life
Our next evening course in practical philosophy
This course of ten weekly sessions is the perfect introduction to the potentially life-changing principles, practices and insights of practical philosophy.
Our experienced tutors share their love for timeless wisdom from both East and West.
You test out the ideas in practice in your everyday life.
Share inspiration and discoveries within your group as the course unfolds!
- Tuesday evenings from January 2024
- Ten sessions just £80 when you enrol before 31 December
- Add our popular Study Day (normal price £24) for just £10 more! A total saving of £24!
- Four-session trial introduction just £40 if you prefer
Want to find out more about the course first? Read our next course page
Route Two: start your learning today...for FREE!
1. We have lots of FREE content to get you started, such as inspiring quotations, practical exercises and philosophical insights. Simply subscribe to our email list or fill out the pop-up form to receive your first piece of inspiration.
2. Our YouTube channel is packed with great FREE content. Learn about Plato's Cave, Stoic philosophy, why study Sanskrit and the joy of Meditation. And more.
3. Our popular Philosophy Cafe brings people together from all over the country on Zoom for a facilitated, themed discussion. The sessions are great fun and FREE, so no need to attend every week. If you're craving some good company, this is the perfect solution. More details here.
So much more to discover!
For students enrolled on one of our courses, we can offer support and tuition to establish a daily practice of mantra meditation. Join the thousands of others who have taken up this authentic, traditional meditation practice since we first offered it in the 1960s.
Also for our existing students, we offer a range of weekend or week-long retreats to help deepen both understanding and stillness.
Check us out
Here are some links you may find helpful in finding out more about our School and its offerings:
Introductory course outline
What people say about it
See also our Online Courses page
Join our online community of 'wisdom seekers' and receive your first inspiration email